Wednesday, July 9, 2008

...But Is It Really Mind Control?

I admit it: I'm a purist. There's a lot of stuff on the EMCSA that I just don't consider real mind control.

Some of it's what I call body control: the controller takes such a firm handle on the victim's erogenous zones that the victim will submit to anything in order to get her or his needs satisfied. Or else the victim finds his or her body completely controlled by an outside force and watches helplessly as s/he is made to do things s/he really doesn't want to do. Folks, it's not mind control if the mind is completely free to protest.

Then there are the "possession" stories, much rarer on the EMCSA but still out there. An outside force takes control of a victim and destroys or shunts aside the victim's personality, replacing it with his/her/its own. Again, that's just not mind control; it's replacement.

No, mind control is taking the mind that's there and altering it somehow: binding it, paralyzing it, molding its thoughts and desires like Play Dough. Mind control is putting a leash on someone's will - and, ideally, teaching them to love it.

Not that I don't occasionally enjoy stories about body control or possession; in fact, I have at least one of them on my Reader's Picks page (I've never told the author what I really think about her/his story because in the end it didn't matter; the story was still damn hot). I just don't necessarily think that kind of stuff belongs on a site called The Erotic Mind Control Story Archive.

Edited to Add: I've just been surfing Model Mayhem again - just can't say enough good things about that site. Anyway, is this, or is this not, one of the best "mindfucked" pics you've ever seen?

No comments: