Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Pinch of This, a Dash of That

Just a few random, disconnected notes tonight; it's been a long two weeks.

First, one friend has already asked me about my use of the name Marina in my new story, and I'm sure there are plenty more of you out there wondering, so I'll just go ahead and answer you all now. No, I didn't name the character in the story after Marina St. Mark, at least not consciously. The fact is that I see that first name on a file at work from time to time, coupled with a Hispanic last name that flows from it quite beautifully. My Marina's surname was originally going to be Italian, but I changed my mind and found another nice combination of Hispanic syllables to gift her with, as you'll see once the whole story is posted.

Speaking of which, I finished the rough draft last night and will have some time to start polishing over the weekend. It usually takes me about two weeks or so to work and rework things to my perfectionist satisfaction, so you can probably expect to see "Mirrored in Your Eyes" on the EMCSA sometime in mid-to-late July.

Now let's stir a new ingredient into the blog mix. Evil Dolly recently sent me an e-mail inviting me to read one of her stories. Okay, first, let me be very clear about this: I normally cringe at such requests, because as a former English teacher, I have very high standards when it comes to writing; yet at the same time, I hate to be cruel. So most of the time I end up taking a quick look at the first paragraph of a story; come away cringing even harder; and then respond to the writer as briefly and politely as I can. You are hereby warned: don't ask me to look at your stuff unless a) you know it's hot shit, or b) you know it needs a lot of work and are looking for advice. Anyway, Evil Dolly gave me a pleasant surprise by delivering a really hot, well-written robot fetish story with MC undertones called "Ex Machina," which you can find here, if you're so inclined.

I haven't read anything else on Evil Dolly's site, but I do recall her sending me another piece a year or so ago which made me cringe even more at the outset, yet still left me smiling in the end. She took it upon herself to write a brief sequel to A Tenpack of Trixies. Now, please, folks, do not mess with my stuff - or if you do, for crying out loud, have the courtesy not to wave it in my face. I still shudder to think of the absolutely repulsive addition to Sucker Punch that a certain buffoon once posted on the old MC Forum. Evil Dolly did a nice job, though. I wouldn't suggest she do it again (;-)), but she got away with it that time, and actually came up with a scenario I could approve of. As for the rest of you, don't go there.

Heh, just for a second there, I felt a wee bit Dommish. ;-) Must be that story I'm working on.

Anyway, back to the shelf for a new ingredient. I owe a belated thanks to Andre Marchandise for offering up his own fetish photography site for viewing in a comment under my "Free Fetish Stuff" post. Niiice pics of Kumi Monster in lace and spikes. :-) Unfortunately, I didn't see his comment until several days after he posted it, and then I couldn't find an e-mail address to send him a thank-you. So here you go, Andre: merci beaucoup, and may your site find much business.

And now for the icing on the cake. I've just stopped by the Hypnopics Collective to find that Tabico has posted some scrumptious new photomanips. I'd link you directly to her page, but URL's on the Collective have a strange way of migrating, so I'll just let you find your own way to her album. Don't worry; I'm sure you'll have fun getting there.

No comments: