Saturday, April 11, 2009

Stream of (sub)consciousness

A lot has been going on with me this week, but I haven't had a chance to write because of work and allergies (It's pollen season here, and by late afternoon, my eyes are too swollen and irritated to keep open very long). So to make up for it, I'm going to take the lid off the storage bin in my brain now and just dump everything out in no particular order.

Let's start with Callidus. He asked me a few days ago if Spy vs. Guy's Brick Logan, with his man-love for Samson, was inspired by Brock Samson of The Venture Brothers. As a matter of fact, I've never even seen The Venture Brothers and only vaguely knew the show by name, but that Wikipedia link definitely piqued my interest. And what a hilarious coincidence! Brock does have a lot in common with Brick, aside from his hair and dress sense, but I didn't base Brick on anyone in particular.

Second, to those of you who had comments and questions about my Safe Driver program: I'm being careful to give myself only positive reinforcement for good driving, no negative reinforcement for bad driving. After all, you never know when you might have a legitimate need to speed, not come to a full stop at a stop sign, etc. Anyway, I didn't get a chance to actually try the program until this morning, but I was unusually conscious of and careful about my driving all this past week, just from taking the time to write the program. And today, after running it for the first time, I noticed some clear results, some things I'd like to build on...all while making sure I don't become so distracted that I stop being the good driver I want to be, if you know what I mean. ;-P

As for my sleep program, I've decided that the best thing to do, at least for now, is to keep using Mary in the Stadium as reader with both "Down by the Sea" and a fade-in version of the babble script running in the background. I'm getting some great results this way, and not using a recorded version of my own voice gives me the freedom to change the wording as often I like without having to re-record. I've gotten the sleep program to the point where it sends me very deep, very quickly - so deep, in fact, that I actually begin to feel a pulse in my head at about the halfway point; and by the end, the straight script and the babble are equally loud and I find myself almost unable to pay attention to either one, which is exactly what I want. I've gone back to Medications A and B (with A at a quarter dose), but I plan to make an appointment with my sleep doctor soon to discuss where I might go from here.

The Silver Robot program is coming along quite nicely, too. Today I plan to experiment with ways to change and increase the subliminal messages, and maybe see if I can throw in some subliminal images, too. I don't yet know when I'll have a public version ready for release (or where I'll host it when I do), but you can go ahead and start anticipating now. ;-)

And lastly, there's this. The two hypnosis shows I saw while in college were a big inspiration for my Willing Subject. In fact, one of my sorority sisters who went up onstage for one of the shows was named Melissa. But the volunteer I'm thinking about at the moment is a frat rat acquaintance named Todd. Todd went onstage for both shows, and I still have a vivid memory of how deeply he went under the second time, just lolling in his chair like an ecstatic rag doll. I've had that same experience myself, now, and it's got me wondering if Todd was a secret hypnofetishist all along. In fact, I'm wondering if perhaps Todd might stumble across my blog one day, or might have already stumbled across it. So, Todd, if you're out there, guess what? You know me! ;-P

No comments: