Monday, May 25, 2009

Guess which one of these is my favorite

I first found this sextet of pictures on Ulorin Vex's blog, then saw that she'd linked to an article and more pics over at The Fetishistas (Scroll down the page a little, and you'll see Bianca Beauchamp in a delightful latex update of Uhura's Star Trek uniform).

Just for once, Ulorin Vex is not my favorite model in a composite picture. Nope, it's the lady at top right, with her lace muzzle feeding my "voicelessness" fetish so exquisitely.

In fact, her mask gives me a solution to a puzzle that's stumped me for a long, long time. Several years ago, while playing around with the images that would eventually coalesce into Someday My Prince Will Come, I thought that it would be cool to dress my thrall in one of those all-enveloping burkas that women in Afghanistan were forced to wear under the Taliban. Only my burka would be translucent - everywhere except for the face mask. I thought that would be so shudderingly, deliciously depersonalizing. But I also knew it would be an extremely inflammatory and offensive image for many people. So I wrestled with whether or not to use it for quite some time. Then I saw a photo of real women in Afghanistan, post-Taliban, but still wearing those very same garments. And I knew I just couldn't write the story that way.* So I ended up wrapping my thrall in loose gauze instead.

But now, looking at the model above, I'm thinking that lace might be an excellent way around the problem. Maybe I'll work it into a story, somewhere down the line. There's no place for it in "Union, Reunion" (I don't think; that could change), but maybe later....

* For reasons I am intentionally leaving unspoken. I mean no offense to any Muslims who might read this blog...well, any more offense than I've probably already given.

1 comment:

Asudem Latex said...

i had a similar image stuck in my head (still is sort of) - it was a scan from a UK fetish magazine and thats all i remember about its source.

it was a woman with her hands and arms covered in crimson shoulder length gloves, matching super long stockings and hood with just eyes and black eyeliner. all blood red contrasting her skin.

her torso was utterly naked and exposed. she was neatly trimmed.

its lodged in my mind and is probably a sliver of light to my inner sub.

xx