Sunday, October 20, 2013

Synchronicity

I hadn't meant to make a third post this weekend. I hadn't even meant to make a second post, really. But a comment from Uzobono led me to the website of a really amazing digital artist who goes by Android Jones. I admired his work for awhile, and then I opened a new tab and went over to the EMCSA because I'd been meaning to re-read Tabico's Yellow for ages. Now seemed like a good time.

Well, I reread "Yellow" and enjoyed it even more the second time around because even though I didn't remember much about it, I knew not to get attached to any of the characters. If you decide to read it, take Tabico's warning seriously: people do die, and in some pretty nasty ways. "Yellow" is as much a horror story in the Clark Ashton Smith vein as it is an EMC story.

Now back to my story. I finished "Yellow," closed the tab, and found myself back on Android Jones' page. Right in front of me was the video I've embedded below. The synchronicity was exquisite.

You don't have to have read Tabico's story to enjoy Android Jones' video; the pleasure here comes solely from watching a great artist at work. But if you have read "Yellow," the video will have some extra resonance for you.


No comments: