Monday, March 31, 2014

Just a little update

If you've been paying attention here lately, you know that sometime in the near future, I'm going to give you a free, no-strings-attached deluxe edition of Sleepwalkers with bonus material. Well, I've just finished the first draft of some of that bonus material: a mini-prequel about Angela and Reynaldo (Paul's parents) at Fort Bliss, testing Dreamer on a human subject for the very first time. You might remember that chimps react differently to Dreamer: it doesn't make them horny. So Angela and Reynaldo aren't prepared for what happens when they dose PFC Susan Kelly. I don't think you'll be entirely prepared, either. There are still some things you don't know about Dreamer.

Now, I do have a full prequel planned, and I even have a title for it: "Bliss." But it's going to be a pretty big story, and it might take me a while to put together, so for now I'm giving you "Welcome to Bliss." Don't worry; it doesn't end on a cliffhanger. It's a self-contained story arc and is, I think, scorchingly hot.

I can't wait to hear what you think about it, but right now I don't know exactly when the e-book will be out. You see, I've commissioned someone else to do the cover; and while I'm keeping her identity a surprise for now, I will tell you that the covers she makes for her own e-books are always spectacular. I can't wait to see what she does with Sleepwalkers. Anyway, just keep your eyes peeled for the publication announcement, because the book will only be free for three days - and it will only be free to my blog readers. That's my secret gift to you for all the wonderful feedback you gave me about the story last year.


No comments: