Friday, April 13, 2018

A little diversion to tide you over

I've been busy and happy working on my next story, "Beware of Damsels in Distress,"  although it's taking time to rebuild my writing muscles. Fortunately, one thing that helps is all the reading I've been doing. Seeing some other writer carry out a great idea gives me more ideas of my own. I have several in mind right now, but I'm forcing myself to stay put on "Damsels" so that I can get it out to you as quickly as possible. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the first draft and will share some of it with you as soon as I think the time is right.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking of other things to blog about. Yesterday I planned to post on an upcoming movie that looks to be very latex-heavy, but I'm decided to save that one for a few days because I've just now found something even kinkier. The Lovecraft eZine is a wonderful source of short stories by modern-day Lovecraft fans, most of them really first-rate authors. And I've just finished a tantalizingly MC-tinged horror story that I can't help but share with you all.

I don't want to give too much away, but the story starts as an instruction manual for budding ventriloquists, then veers into the mirror-staring hypnosis we all love before finally revealing the truth of who controls whom (The controller is never named, but since it's clearly supernatural and this is an eZine dedicated to Lovecraft, my bet is on Nyarlathotep. It would be just his style.).

I should warn you that the final chapter is pretty gory, but if you can handle a few paragraphs of the red stuff, you'll have a nasty good time with The Secret of Ventriloquism.


2 comments:

Madam Kistulot said...

Glad to hear you're back to writing again! :) Hope it continues to flow, and hopefully flows a little bit better than it has been, in fact. Reading is definitely a must for any writer, if only for further inspiration and ideas for how to improve one's own writing. Wouldn't want to get stagnant, after all!

All of my encouragement and cheers--I look forward to signal boosting it when it's out!

thrall said...

Thank you kindly, Madame Kistulot! :-)