Saturday, July 26, 2014

Getting over the speed bump

Here's the short version: I've spent the last week working on an old, slow loaner computer while I waited for a part to come in that was supposed to fix my real computer; but when the new part came in, it didn't fix the problem. I finally came to the realization I should have had a week ago: I needed a new computer, not a fix to the old one.

So now I have that new computer, and with it a new version of Windows to learn and an assload of files to restore. Fortunately, I can restore them, because ever since the debacle a few years ago when I lost my most precious Virtual Hypnotist programs, I've been backing things up regularly to the cloud. I can get everything back this time, but it's going to take a while.

In the meantime, here are a few notes that I hope will make you smile. Even on the slow loaner computer (and twice on a public library computer), I've been able to keep working on "What Do You Give the Alien Who Has Everything?" It's 4/5 done now, and all I have left are the climaxes - pun fully intended. And since I'd already asked to take next week off from work for vacation, I can spend most of that time catching up on my writing - which I really, really want to do because I'm still in the zone and I'm loving what I'm doing. I might get the rough draft finished in another couple of weeks, and then I'll be able to share it with some select beta readers.

Finally, until I have the time to share a bunch of hot new latex/total enclosure pictures I've been hoarding, I'll give you these two lovelies instead. Here are my physical models for the two mind controllers of "What Do You Give": Julia Alexander will be "played" by Kato, and Steven Dominick will be "played" by Jude Law. I expect those choices will meet with your approval. ;-)


No comments: