Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A new e-book and new e-book discounts!

Where do I begin?

First, you might remember that I posted my latest ebook, "Knights in White Bondage," in the Secret Lives anthology. At the time I was under the impression that I couldn't publish the story independently for six months, but I recently found out that's not the case. The 60-day stipulation was in an early version of the contract I agreed to, but it got taken out in a later version. Now some of the other authors are publishing their stories solo. I'm about to do  the same, and please allow me to brag for a moment about this cover I created. ;-) When I think about my pitiful early efforts at creating my own ebook covers, I feel very proud of how far I've come. I think this one might be my best.

Now, I know a lot of you have probably bought Secret Lives and don't need another copy of "Knights in White Bondage." That's fine, but keep reading because I've found two great new ways to offer discounts on my other ebooks, including those I've already published.

Here's the plan.

1.  Almost all my books* will be available at deep discounts during Cyber Monday (December 1) and the two days afterwards. They'll be 50% off for about a day and a half, then 25% off for about another day and a half. So if you've been waiting to buy something (except the two asterisked titles below), that will be your best time to do it.

2. I'm abandoning Smashwords entirely because it's not generating any sales and I've found another system that works just as well for thanking my blog readers. Each time I publish something from now on, I'll set up a pre-order on Amazon and offer you reduced prices during the pre-order period. I'll always announce those on on my blog, including "Knights in White Bondage." It won't go on sale until Black Friday (a.k.a. the day after Thanksgiving and the biggest shopping day of the year in the US), which falls on November 28 this year. If you pre-order it you'll get the ebook for $1.99, but on November 28, the price goes up to the usual $2.99. Now again, I realize a lot of you have already purchased "Knights" as part of the Secret Lives anthology, and I'm not expecting you to purchase it twice. Just keep this information in mind for future books. And if you do want to publish "Knights" as a separate ebook, you'll get the link here as soon as Amazon gives it to me. Usually it takes them about a day. I'll make a separate post when I get it.

Happy Holidays, whatever you're celebrating soon. :-)


*excluding "Knights in White Bondage" completely, and excluding "What Do You Give the Alien Who Has Everything" unless you buy it through Amazon.co.uk (in both cases because Kindle won't let me change book prices more than once per 30 days per market).

No comments: