Saturday, May 22, 2021

Greetings from Lockdown

Hello after -- hell, I don't even know how long it's been since I last blogged here. I've been thinking about popping in just to say I'm fine, but I wasn't sure if anyone even remembered me after all this time. Thanks, draphy, for dropping me a comment to say people are still thinking about me!

Short story, I'm doing much, much better these days. I still have problems, but some of them have resolved in the only way they could; and others have gotten much better due to big changes in my lifestyle. Lifestyle gives the wrong impression, but I don't know a better term to use. What I really mean is that I've accepted the fact that I just can't work and live with autism at the same time, and I've chosen to live rather than to work.

 I still have my personal EMC fantasies, and much to my surprise, I recently regained my writing mojo. Unfortunately for anyone reading this, I don't have my EMC writing mojo back. I'm doing some fanfic for...let's just call it a vanilla obsession. When I publish it on a different site under a different name, if you happen to run across it (which is highly unlikely) and think, "Hey, that sounds like thrall," I hope you'll keep the thought to yourself. Everyone who comments here has always been really good to me, and you know how I feel about privacy -- yours and mine. I wouldn't like that identity connected to this one.

And that's it for now. I might or might not regain my EMC writing mojo. Some of you will remember that I had several stories on the back burner when I left, and I still have them lying around...digitally speaking. At this point I can't say whether or not I'll finish any of them, but at least I'm doing fine. That's the important takeaway here.

It's really nice to know that some of you out there still remember me and wish me well. Thanks for that. It makes me smile. I hope you continue to smile too -- and wherever you are, I hope you stay safe during the pandemic and get vaccinated as soon as you're able.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased you're not only ok but sounding like you're doing very well! For completely selfish reasons, I'm sorry there will be no more EMC from you but life and mental health take precedent.

Be well,
draphy

Hayushiba7 said...

Draphy let me know you posted so I wanted to say hi. Glad you're OK and things are better.

The EMC community is still here and it's thriving, although a bit differently than before.

Even if you're not creating content, you don't have to feel like a stranger!

Hope to see you around!

THEANTJACK said...

amen

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're doing OK. Even if you don't come back to EMC writing, I just wanted you to know that your stories were some of the best written around and were very good reads.

Madcap said...

Very glad to hear you're doing okay and still out there. You hadn't posted anything in so long that I was worried. I still very much enjoy your MC stories--you're one of my favorite writers for that stuff, so yes, I absolutely do think about you and check for new work periodically. I hope you get your MC writing mojo back someday. Your work was part of what inspired me to write my own stories on mcstories.com which were just published about 6 months ago (and I've got more in the works)!

- Madcap

MadamKistulot said...

You doing well means MUCH more to me than if you ever write another word of EMC. I hope you do because well, why not, but you taking care of you is super important. I check every so often, and I get tempted to reach out with an email, but I haven't wanted you to feel pressured or like anyone was impatient with you.

All vaccinated here, and hoping that you and yours stay ass afe as possible during these trying times :)

Jock Pseudonym said...

What wonderful news, so glad you’re doing well!

Everyone else has already spoken my sentiments exactly so I’ll try not to repeat them. Not remember you? Frankly, your writing is unforgettable so I will always check occasionally to see if you’ve felt like coming back but it’s just great to know that the person behind them is happy and healthy, especially in these strenuous times.

I hope your vanilla ventures are successful and productive, I wish there was a way to read them but completely understand the want for privacy.

Do you have any recommendations for works of others in the EMC field you’ve enjoyed since you went on hiatus and your readers should enjoy as well?

I’ll keep my fingers crossed to one day see that draft copy of The Power Of Positive Obedience in my email inbox and wish you all the best!

Jock Pseudonym said...

I’d love to hear what you have to see about the Drone/Hexcorp explosion on Twitter and elsewhere too.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I've not checked back on your blog for a while now, but was so pleased to see an update! Really pleased to hear you are doing better.
Whilst it would be a joy to read more of your work, I'm just so pleased to hear you are doing better.
Hope to see the odd update on the blog as time goes on.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks for everything you've given us, from vhypno scripts on.

fembotheather said...

Be well.

Bob Landrebe said...

Hang in there! It's good to hear from you (even at this late hour.) Interestingly, I was today years old when I discovered that Thrall and A. Reginis Cantatis were the same person! I wanted to reread "Willing Subject" and couldn't find it on the archive... only to discover it on smashwords by a 'different' author. Appreciate the post and update. It's a veritable "who's who" from the MC community in the folks who have responded! Be well!