Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Sometimes you control the machine, and sometimes the machine controls you"

So, what finally made me break down and rave about the (relatively) new SF blog io9 well ahead of schedule? Their article on an upcoming Mexican movie about cyber-slavery called Sleep Dealer, featuring the above quote, body plugs, and (for no reason discernible from the trailer) milky contact lenses. This is the first I've heard of the movie, but it seems to be getting great buzz.

Anyway, about io9....First of all, it's got the cutest little cyborg-zombie mascot I've ever seen. Second, it's updated several times daily with news about SF and fantasy movies, TV shows, comics, and novels (along with the occasional VIP interview), plus a sprinkling of interesting science and astronomy stuff. Second, it dabbles, from time to time, in just the kind of fetish-y stuff that sends our collective motors into overdrive. Here are just a few of my favorite articles from recent days:
My apologies to those of you on dial-up; I've tried to include a few video-free links for you to enjoy, but the best stuff on io9 usually does involve video. :-/

No comments: