Saturday, September 12, 2009

More cool hypnotic discoveries

Last night, during my usual Bedtime hypnosis session, I had a little brainstorm.

Bedtime 2.0 encourages me to imagine a black hole at the bottom of my mind: a black hole that draws in all my conscious thoughts and erases them, leaving me receptive to sleep. But sometimes the black hole doesn't do the job as well as I'd like. So last night it occurred to me that maybe the black hole should be more of a wormhole, piping my thoughts away from my mind and depositing them somewhere else. Well, I quickly realized that the most natural place for it to pipe them was out of my mouth. It's a short trip from the base of my brain down to my mouth, and my mouth hangs open when I'm in trance, anyway.

From there, it was only a few steps to designing Bedtime 3.0 - this morning, not last night, just in case you were wondering. ;-) I've changed the wording just a little, making the black hole a spiral; and I've changed the visuals significantly. I'll see how well 3.0 works tonight, maybe report back tomorrow, and perhaps eventually post the new version on my Virtual Hypnotist pages.

Meanwhile, I did a test run of the new effects with my morning session and included another suggestion I'd thought up recently, to help me to stop analyzing during trance: I told myself that my awareness had been reduced to the role of watcher. I could "watch" what my imaginary Mistress was doing to me, and I could enjoy it; but I had neither the desire nor the ability to affect it.

The results were incredible. I often have trouble coming back to wakefulness at the end of sessions, and when I have the time, I go back to bed until the effects wear off. But after this morning's session, I couldn't even open my eyes or move at all! I couldn't get out of the chair!

Okay, of course, I could have opened my eyes or moved if I'd really wanted to; I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. Hypnosis can't make you do anything you don't want to do, but it can make certain things seem easier than others - and certain things seem like too much trouble to bother about. Moving, for instance. Or thinking. ;-)

I have no idea how long I lay there, but when I finally found the will to start moving again, I immediately went back into the wakener script and added a suggestion about regaining control of myself after waking up. It would be too tempting for the "thrall" part of my brain to get hooked on this feeling.

No comments: