Saturday, April 10, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things: Scar13

The time has come, the Queen's thrall said, to talk of Scar13....

I've been planning a "favorites" post about Scar for quite some time, but two things held me back: one, I'd promised not to overwhelm you with "favorites" posts since a lot of people come to my blog for other things; and two, I have such a large collection of Scar pics that I knew sorting through them to select favorites would be quite an undertaking. And it was. But it was well worth it.

IMO, Scar13 is just flat-out gorgeous, no matter what she's wearing (or not wearing), no matter what color (or style) her hair is this week. Just take a look at those beautiful lips, those glowing eyes, that apparently all-natural body. Yes, her body is scarred from a period in her history when she was a cutter; but she recovered from that darkness and now sees her scars as a sign of triumph over adversity - thus her chosen nickname. You can read more about this story on her MySpace page.

But anyway, on to the pictures. I didn't select these on any particular basis except what they do for me. There's some latex in here, some voicelessness, a suggestion of MC here and there. But for the most part, I chose them just because I think they're awesome.

The image above comes courtesy of photographer John Warner. Directly below, left to right, are shots by Allan Amato (where Scar is wearing Mother of London), Michael Helms (along with model Shakti), and Allan Amato again.


Next, from left to right, are shots by Karen Hsiao, Christine Kessler (Scar is wearing Fetish by Anna), and Karen Hsiao again.


Below are another shot by Christine Kessler (Scar is wearing HMS Latex this time), a pic from her MySpace page that doesn't list the photographer, and a pic by James Stolzenbach.


Lastly we have another photo from Michael Helms and one from J. Isobel de Lisle.


Scar has a gallery on Model Mayhem and at least a couple of lists dedicated to her. She doesn't have her own Deviant Art account, but you can find plenty of pictures there by searching on her name.

1 comment:

Erin said...

She is delicious, thanks for sharing!