Sunday, February 7, 2016

Back in the Gimp Suit

Or the GIMP suit, if you prefer. Here's a bit of what I've been working on and getting ready to work on lately.

I follow a site called the Astronomy Photo of the Day just because I like astronomy, but from time to time I also find images that I can incorporate into my manips and book covers: star fields, nebulae, individual stars with clear points, etc. Since the images come from NASA, they're generally public domain. The image at left is of the star Proxima Centauri, and as soon as I saw it, I noticed how much the circle of gold and blue looked like the iris of an eye. Naturally, that got me thinking, and the final results are at right. I've always loved this image of Kumi Monster because it's just about the most submissive, potentially mind-controlled image I've ever seen even before you add in the latex, bald head and bare breasts. This was my process, just in case you're interested in playing with the same effects. I made one copy of the central circle, including the iris; and a second copy of the whole star minus the background. Then I inverted the copy, made it white, blurred it, and put that layer underneath the iris layer. Et voila.

Next up is an image I'm getting ready to work on. Early next week, possibly even as soon as tomorrow, I'll be starting on a publishable version of my "woman turned into a living doll" story, originally titled "Raggedy Anne." Since I don't want to get sued, I'll be renaming it "Ragdoll Annie." That should be close enough to clue readers in to which doll I actually used for my template. I love this model's blank expression and curly hair, but I haven't decided yet whether or not to make that hair red the way it is in the individual story. If I do, I should probably recolor her lingerie so it'll stand out more - maybe a bluish-purple color. Then I'll probably use a red spiral in the background...and don't worry; I will absolutely make her bra skimpier. That'll probably be the easiest part of the process, although you know what they say about famous last words.

In the meantime, don't worry about the Transfixed "Choose Your Own Adventure." That's still in process. It's just that CYOA's take a hell of a long time, and I need to get something else on the market before readers forget I exist.

2 comments:

K said...

So will Raggedy Andy be included in this one, or will it be saved for later?
Would it be Ragdoll Anthony or Andy, or what?

thrall said...

I kind of doubt I'll write up Raggedy Andy. It wasn't very good, TBH, and judging by my stat counter, almost no one read it anyway. I could change my mind later, of course, but right now I don't have any plans to polish and publish it.