Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Thank you

Sometimes I realize how lucky I am.

I just watched a video made by someone I never expected to mention on this blog and will probably never mention again: Pewdiepie. Now, I'm not a video gamer and I don't follow him on YouTube, but I know who he is. I've also seen a few videos of him talking to his fans. It was one of those that inspired me to write this post. In this video, Pewdiepie is reacting to trash talk in YouTube comments made by his own fans. He says whatever kind of gaming video he makes, people always want something else. He feels like he respects them but doesn't get respect in return.

Now, I don't have particularly strong feelings about this guy, but I feel more strongly about some other people with the same problem. Many of my Facebook friends are fellow erotica authors, and I read their gripes on my wall. Some of them have rude fans too, although in my friends' cases, they're mostly being hit on and sent unsolicited dick pics.

I sympathize with them (and with Pewdiepie too, although I don't know whether he deserves it), and I feel very lucky. I've been putting out MC erotica since 2002, and in all these years, I've been hit on or slagged off less than a dozen times. Most of you just lurk, but the people who comment or email me are...well...nice. You make me happy. I feel like I'm sharing something I enjoy with other people who enjoy the same thing, and that's why I started doing this in the first place. So thanks for being good people.

That's all I wanted to say. Enjoy the rest of your week. :-)


1 comment:

Silver Nerd said...

"Most of you just lurk, but the people who comment or email me are...well...nice. You make me happy"

Shut up......stupidface. ;)