Tuesday, February 27, 2018

*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?

Hello again, everyone. Some of my problems are beginning to resolve, and the writing bug is biting again - just nibbling right now, but I think it's going to start chomping in earnest pretty soon. I'll be sure to keep you updated as I start writing again. Oh, and I also had a truly mind-blowing vampire dream last week that I have to tell you about because it's just too hot to keep to myself.

But this post is about a new podcast I literally just finished recording with Callidus. When he first interviewed me for his show The Black Room a couple of years ago, we talked about Annihilation, a book we'd both enjoyed which was - at that point - in pre-production to become a movie. Back then, we talked about how much fun it would be if we could see it together and record a podcast about it afterwards, and we sort of managed to do that. We didn't get to meet in person, but we did watch the movie at the same time in our separate hometowns and then got right onto Skype to compare notes. I don't want to spoil anything for those of you waiting for the podcast, but I can tell you that we both loved the movie - although we each had different small issues with it - and that we had lots to discuss. This is one of those "watercooler" movies that people will be arguing about for years.

Unfortunately, there were some technical difficulties with the recording - which Callidus can certainly work out - but the release of the podcast might be delayed a bit while he does his magic. In the meantime, you can look forward to that post about my vampire dream and more posts about where my writing is headed.

And to whet your appetites about the movie, here's a sinister little clip where Natalie Portman's husband (Oscar Isaac) comes home and he's not...exactly...himself...




6 comments:

Jock Pseudonym said...

Little sad you popped back up only a couple of weeks before you'd have had a nice, round 365 day hiatus; but I can't say I'm not glad that you haven't prolonged it any further. Welcome back! Did you do any writing for yourself while you were away?

Still hoping for a free copy of The Power of Positive Thinking :)

Fax Paladin said...

So is the vampire dream going to be a followup post?

Anonymous said...

A new post! Yay!
Looking forward to getting your thoughts on Annihilation. Just have to watch it first.

Half Shim said...

Goody gumdrops! Glad to see you're still alive.

Your presence reminds mean that I've been meaning to buy some of your ebooks... :)

thrall said...

Thank you all for the welcome back! I'm in a good mood now, and I have no less than *six* stories in mind - the two I've already told you about: The Power of Positive Thinking (yes, Jock, you'll still in line a free copy - thanks for the reminder!) and the sequel to Transfixed, plus have three Lovecraft pieces (which will be published under a pseudonym, but I'll leave you hints on how to find them) and a vampire story which will incorporate that dream I mentioned as its climax.

I'd planned on making a post describing that dream today, but I've just got word that Callidus has published his podcast of the two of us discussing Annihilation, so that has to come first. ;-) Don't worry, though; I *will* tell you about the vampire dream soon - and give you all a chance to offer input on where you'd like me to go from here.

Half Shim said...

Well, I do hope you get to the sequel to Transfixed soon, as I finished reading it yesterday and I was floored at how good it is. That ranks up there with Octopus Vulgaris as part of the list of my favorites stories that you've written.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next! :)