Thursday, July 29, 2010

What was that video?

First, sorry this post is a little late. For the last few days, I've been totally OCD about a newly-discovered artist, so I've been spending most of my free time scrounging pictures from around the net. I'll make up for my lateness by posting the creepiest of them here. Unfortunately, most of the rest of Jacek Yerka's stuff is more whimsical than scary, so I don't think it really fits on a blog devoted to erotic mind control (Though if you're a Lovecraft fan, you might like The Inquisition, in which case I'll direct you to this page in the best Yerka gallery I've found in my searches).

But actually, the real reason I've posting this picture here is that blog entries always look more interesting with images attached, and I do want you to keep reading. ;-) See, something's been bugging me for a couple of years now, and I'm hoping one of you can help me out. I remember a Heart video, probably from the '80's, that had a huge, hot MC vibe to it. I remember a crystal ball with lightning shooting out of it, into Ann and Nancy Wilson's eyes, then their eyes glowing as they were drawn toward the crystal ball as though hypnotized. I was totally in love with that video, even though I saw it long before I was ready to acknowledge my own hypno-submissive streak, much less my lesbianism.

So here's my dilemma. I think the song that went with the video was "Magic Man," but whenever I search for videos of "Magic Man" online, all I ever get is a live performance from the '70's. Am I remembering the wrong song, or is that particular video just not available online? I'd love it if someone could clarify for me and maybe provide a link to the right video - or at least some fetishy stills. ;-) Just don't e-mail me any attachments unless I know you well enough to be sure you're not trying to give me a virus! ;-)

4 comments:

TheAdamator said...

I did a little poking around and actually managed to find what I believe is the video you're looking for. The song the video was made for was not "Magic Man", but rather "How Can I Refuse". Don't kick yourself too hard for m notremembering the title:) Here's a link to the video I found, though with the proper song title you'll likely be able to find a much higher quality version with ease:
http://music.aol.com/video/how-can-i-refuse/heart/sony:31112836001

thrall said...

Hmmm, thanks. I think. ;-) I'm honestly not sure if this is the right video or not. I have such a clear memory of Ann and Nancy walking toward that sphere with light shooting into their eyes, but everything else seems right (if a lot cheesier than I remember), and we all know how memory plays tricks on us - and how it doesn't come close to imagination, anyway! But again, thanks for taking the time to find the video for me. I really do appreciate it and hope you didn't have to fight through too much '80's cheese in the process.

So...am I the only one who saw the guy light that cigarette at the concert and thought, "Hey, it's Cancer Man from The X-Files!"?

TheAdamator said...

Didn't have time to post more earlier, but I thought I'd return and say that if you're in an artsy mood that you might appreciate the works of Erika Moen, if you haven't stumbled across her stuf already. I'm not actually a fan of her art so much as I'm a fan of what I've seen of her character through her blog entries. That said, I highly recommend you take a peek at a project of hers called "DAR" which you can find by following the (Directory of all Comics) link in the upper right of her webpage: http://www.erikamoen.com/
Hope you find you like her style as much as I do.

thrall said...

Thanks again! No, I hadn't heard of Erika Moen, but I really do like her style - both her art style and her "voice." I can relate to a *lot* of what she says.