Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mmmm...so relaxed

No, the image at left doesn't have anything to do with my current state of mind; it's just something I rediscovered in one of my fetish folders several days ago, while searching for something else. I had already planned to post it with this morning's entry, which was going to be about a different topic; and now that I've changed my mind (for the moment - the other entry might show up here later), I figured, why waste such a delicious image? The source of this one, if you want to see more, is latex fashion site HW Design.

But back to the topic at hand. This past week has been pretty depressing for me, for a number of different reasons, so I've decided to pamper myself today and tomorrow. Today I started by reconfiguring my morning hypnosis program to let me just lie back in the chair and relax for as long as I felt like relaxing, after I'd finished the morning suggestions. So I lay there for about 45 minutes. And then I had the idea of going back to that site where I found the binaural beats and trying out the delta binaurals for awhile. I had only listened to that recording very briefly before, but I remembered that delta is supposed to induce a state of dreamless sleep and sometimes even give the listener an out-of-body experience. Well, I didn't go to sleep or have an OOBE. But I did have an incredibly, luxuriously relaxing experience. In fact, when the audio finished, I had to run the morning wakener all over again.

Oh, and while I was relaxing after the morning suggestions, and then on into the delta experiment, I began toying idly but productively with a new story idea. Now, I'm already deeply involved with "Union, Reunion," but that's turning out to be a multi-parter; and this new idea might be something I can dash off fairly quickly. We'll see. It's certainly a yummy idea, anyway. It's practically begging to be written.

No comments: