Friday, April 2, 2010

A fortuitous discovery

I'm still tweaking my regular Virtual Hypnotist scripts, learning how to get the most from them, and last night I stumbled into an amazing discovery.

I was trying to adjust the frequency of the binaural beats I use during my bedtime session, trying to make it even more effective at sending me to sleep. I won't get into the technical details here (Feel free to e-mail me if you want those), but the gist of it is that I accidentally dropped the frequency from alpha to basement-level delta in one split second. Or, in layman's terms, I was cruising along at a comfortable forty miles per hour and then suddenly cut my speed to five miles per hour.

It was incredible. Even remembering it now, the next morning, I can still feel my arms growing deliciously loose and heavy, my thoughts freezing up like deer in headlights. I wasn't even trying, and I totally found the answer to my Jellybaby question. I'd never even tried such a low delta frequency before, but now I can only wonder why I hadn't.

I've been playing around with this new technique a little more this morning, and I've discovered even more coolness. You can make your trigger ohhh so much more effective if you drop the binaural frequency from alpha or theta to delta on the line just above the trigger, then raise it again immediately afterwards. See below for an example copied directly from my morning session.

If you're not accustomed to VH scripting yet, you can puzzle this out by taking a look at my tutorial. On the other hand, if you are accustomed to VH scripting, I'll just point out that the starting frequencies for this session are 128 on the left side and 133 on the right. As you can see, I'm using the trigger twice, dropping from theta to delta and back each time - but sticking to a slightly lower tone when I raise the frequency the second time.

1 comment:

Blnkstr said...

thanks for the tip! it's always great to learn a new way to turn ourselves into mindlessly obedient hypnoslaves :)