Saturday, October 15, 2011

I. Want. It.

I'll bet some of you got your first thrill the moment you saw the title of this post. That's because some of you saw the movie Looker when you were kids; and if you were a budding MC fetishist in the '70's and '80's, Looker is a hidden gem you probably found well before today.

I remember when the movie first came out in 1981. The trailer was all over the place, and I was excited because it certainly implied some MC. Unfortunately, the hints in the trailer were pretty vague and made the MC look secondary to the central plot, which was something to do with models and murders. Funny how I didn't even remember that part until I looked it up on YouTube just now. ;-)

I had to fantasize about Looker for quite awhile before I got to see it; and by then it could never have lived up to my expectations. Not that it would have anyway. The movie is mainly a murder mystery, and no one exactly gets turned into a robot...not exactly. Still, there is a bit of time-stop MC - and a bit more of "Look into my eyes" MC. That's the part that makes me squirm about Looker even to this day. If you didn't get the title of my post before, you certainly will after you watch this clip.

Oh, and one other thing: Yes, that is Laurie Partridge. You're welcome.

No comments: