Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tentacular Tease II

Well, folks, "octopus vulgaris" is coming along better than I ever imagined. In fact, I fully expect to finish the first draft tonight. Of course, after that comes a period of rewriting, then a week of simmering, and then more rewriting. If all goes as planned, I should have the story ready for posting sometime in early September. And I must say, I'm a bit tickled when I think about the trouble Simon is going to have deciding which codes are appropriate for this one. Does a takeoff of the Cthulhu mythos count as SF, or is it more fantasy/horror? Does a dominant male octopus make the story part mdom? If a male octopus has sex with a woman, does that count as mf? What if he has sex with a man? Is that mm? Boy, Simon's going to have some interesting choices to make!

As for you all, here's another little video to peak your interest while you wait for the big reveal. Just imagine, if even an ordinary octopus is this clever and this flexible, what kinds of mischief a Great-Old-Ones-enhanced octopus could get up to!

No comments: