Saturday, March 21, 2009

A great Adventure Begins, Part 1

So....where to begin? I know I left you hanging Wednesday, and I'm only going to lower you halfway back to earth today; but I promise that by tomorrow evening, your feet will have touched the ground.

But again: where to begin?

My comments in this previous blog entry led to some private correspondence with Lady Ru'etha, which led eventually to my trying out her "Robotic Transformation 101" and "Safe Space" mp3's. I thought they were nicely relaxing and pleasurable, but I didn't think I was really experiencing trance - certainly not the kind of trance Jukebox describes in his hypnosis blog. I never lost track of Lady Ru'etha's voice, nor did I feel much different in my mind; it seemed like most of the effect was in my body. And of course, it's my mind that really matters to me. That's what I want to feel controlled.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bad time to get hold of Jukebox or Lady Ru'etha themselves; so there I was, dangling just as I'm about to leave you dangling, when I happened across her Realm of Bliss podcasts. In one of them she interviews a guy by the name of Follow the Watch, who has created a freeware program called Virtual Hypnotist. The program itself sounded fantastic - you can hypnotize yourself in the privacy of your own home, either with preset scripts and visuals or with things you create on your own - and Follow the Watch said he had some simple mp3 inductions available for download on his site, as well.

So I stopped by there and downloaded the VH program and an mp3 called "Resistant Induction" (To find it from the main VH page, just click the link called "other hypnosis stuff" and scroll down a little). I could only try the mp3 that night because it was in the middle of the week and I didn't have much time before I had to go to bed. But that induction worked better for me than "Safe Space," and it made me even hungrier for more. So the next day, still not having heard from Lady Ru'etha or Jukebox, I joined Lady R's Realm of Bliss Yahoo group and sent out a desperate plea for advice.

Well, folks, by the following day I'd heard back not only from Lady Ru'etha and Jukebox, but also from Follow the Watch - who turned out to be a member of the group and one of Lady Ru'etha's special "pets." She actually had him e-mail me in "Robot Mode," just like one of the characters in her joint story with Jukebox, I Can't Wait, to prove to me that even an analytical mind like mine can be drawn very deep, under the right circumstances. Ohh, I can't tell you how blindingly, squirmingly awesome it was to get that e-mail! Of course, I didn't know how to respond to it any more than newbie RandomAccess in "I Can't Wait" when shylittlekitten wrote him in trance. Fortunately, Follow the Watch wrote me a second e-mail as himself right afterwards, and we struck up a conversation.

Well, long story short - and this is where I'm going to leave you dangling, I'm afraid - I've fiddled around a little with Virtual Hypnotist throughout the week in the scant hours and half-hours I had available, with increasingly good results. I've been sharing everything with Lady R and FtW, and a couple of days ago they cooked up an induction designed especially for me, which I've only had the chance to try once so far, but....

Holy. Fucking. Shit. They did it, folks. They totally did it. It's like they built the biggest, baddest battering ram they could and just slammed right past my mental gatekeeper, straight into my subconscious, and then headed directly toward my favorite buttons and started pushing. Hard. I'm sure some of you have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and will be familiar with this description of what it feels like to drink a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster: "like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick." Yep, that's pretty much what I experienced. I just sat there, sagging in my chair, leaning closer and closer to the swirling screen, watching the subliminals pop in and out all over the fricking place and only catching a handful of them before they disappeared, feeling my mind melt and my body...well, I think I'll keep that bit to myself. ;-)

I only stopped the program when Lady Ru'etha herself called me. Yes, I'd given her my phone number by then. I made that decision before I ever started listening to or watching anything, because everything she's said and done online, and everything others have said about her, has convinced me that she's extremely ethical and respectful of personal boundaries. I wanted to be able to experience the bliss of trance in an erotic but safe way; and when I discovered someone online who was willing to give me that experience because she was as intrigued by me as I was by her, well, basically I just started jumping up and down until I got her attention. ;-) She knows I have a girlfriend and is entirely respectful of that. I'm not going to be her pet in the same way Jukebox is, but I am going to let her play with my mind a bit, maybe implant some triggers my girlfriend can use on me. She's hinted at things she has in mind.

But as of right now, she hasn't put me under, herself. We're getting to know each other a bit better, and I'm devoting the whole rest of the weekend to learning how to use Virtual Hypnotist. I already have some ideas for scripts I might write for myself, and I've run them by Lady R and Follow the Watch. They've both been very encouraging.

So here I go now, off to start experimenting in earnest. I'll write a more detailed blog entry sometime tomorrow evening, after I've had more of a chance to learn and play with VH properly. And experience that tailored session again...and again...and again. :-D

Watch this space.

4 comments:

Kate LBT said...

I wish you the best of luck! Please keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

I had the great fortune to befriend Lady R last year. I have found her a very considerate person and she is also one of the few people I have felt comfortable enough with and trusted enough to allow her to hypnotize me, despite only knowing her for a relatively short time. It was sort of a spur of the moment realization that culminated from a weekend getting to know her, and a good friend (someone in the business) agreed with me.

Lady Ru'etha said...

For those interested in following the public part of the conversation, the email list is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RealmOfBliss - subscription only, but feel free to join and introduce yourself. Note that list is my personal list, and I do advertise on it. For ad-free discussion of my podcast (which is at http://blisstrance.libsyn.com), try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emcpodcast - no ads, but also no Thrall at this point. ;)

Asudem Latex said...

OMG!

you sound like you have a similar problem to me with hypnosis and you managed to break through it with Ru'etha? WOW and OMG again.

love to know more.

xx