Saturday, November 7, 2009

A little robot goes a long way

I'm not really a fan of Beyonce's music, but there is one thing about her I really like: her robot fetish. I've read about it and seen a video or two, and the fetish is pretty damn apparent - not only in her costumes but even in some of her gown choices.

Beyonce wore the outfit at right during a recent BET Awards show. It opened up to reveal, well, a more revealing costume - and also opened Beyonce up to charges of idea-stealing from Kylie Minogue. (Gah, I can't believe I just wrote that sentence in this blog!).

Anyway, while exploring the links above - purely in the name of robot fetishism, I assure you - I ran across the video below. Damn, if only I could find an original version! This is just incredible.



BTW, the robot suit Beyonce sports here is a takeoff not of the Metropolis robot at left above, but of a famous design by Thierry Mugler:

No comments: