Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Comic Book Fetish Art

I guess I was always aware, even as a kid, that comic book artists presented female characters in as sexy a light as possible as often as possible. But I never gave it much thought until I was in my early twenties and dipped briefly back into that world via the various X-Men series. I still remember gawking at a picture of Rogue seen from behind, bending over for no other reason than to give us a clear, unobstructed, view of her bubble butt.

While I had a bit of free time over the weekend, I decided to look up some of my old favorites on Wikipedia just to see what they'd been doing in the many years since I read any X-comics. Well, one link led to another; and before I knew it, I'd spent about two hours copying several exquisite fetish pics of old, familiar characters and new ones I'd never even heard of. I swear, I don't remember comics ever being quite this fetish-y back when I was reading them. Maybe I should pick up the habit again. ;-) Anyway, have a look at these beauties.

We'll start with one I'm sure everyone who reads this will be familiar with, Storm. I never saw her wearing a costume like this while I was reading X-Men:



Now here's a less familiar heroine, Power Girl - again, in a different costume than I remember, but boy, do I like it.



Next up is good-girl alien Lilandra; and below her, her bad-girl sister Deathbird. Doesn't the second Deathbird pic look like a Sorayama piece?





Ah, but I've saved the best for last. Turns out there are these new characters in the X-Men comics called the Stepford Cuckoos. The name alone was enough to peak my interest, and that was before I found out they were a pack of schoolgirl clones with glowing white eyes who were grown in tubes and have a hive mind. I only wish I'd thought of them first. Then again, I couldn't have illustrated them half so well:





The pages where I originally found the Cuckoo pictures tend to migrate, but most or all of these images can still be found in this general vicinity.

If anyone else has some nice comic book fetish pictures they'd like to share, be my guest. My "comments" book is open to all.

6 comments:

John Seavey said...

Not to sound all fanboyish and nitpicky, but wasn't Storm totally nude when we first met her way back in Giant-Sized X-Men #1? I remember that they had to explain to her that the X-Mansion wasn't clothing-optional. :)

thrall said...

Drat, obviously I joined the X-Universe too late to see that. But thanks for the lovely mental image. ;-)

Madam Kistulot said...

The Stepford Cuckoos is a very hot concept (and I'd never read anyone describe it so hotly) so its a shame that the only bits I've read of them had to do with more Jean Gray dying/not being dead/more phoenix. Very yummy pictures, makes me a little tempted to read more, too.

Traveller28 said...

Yes, the cuckoo concept is a great one. I do like the spin Grant Morrison gave.

Traveller28 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry for joing this thread so late. Just discovered your blog -- fantastic!

I have an excellent pic on hand that I would love to send you. It comes from the back cover of Classic X-Men #17 or #18 or something, with Jean Grey in a hot miniskirt emsemble, with Mesmero smiling in the background.

I assume you have explored the early work of Chris Claremont, back in the eighties... ?