Saturday, May 10, 2008

Someone else else likes bee girls and fairies, too

And here I am back, sooner than I expected to be, and with a purpose I didn't expect to fulfill so quickly. But the fact is that I've only just now had the chance to check over the May 4 EMCSA update; and I found not one, but two, entries worth recommending here.

The first is "Honey Chile," by Libertine. I haven't read any of his previous stories because they were all coded yellow and I don't like mdom (Yes, I did write one once, but that's a story for another day); but this one's a luscious, fiery red. I shouldn't say much about it because I don't want to spoil anything, but it's extremely well written and quite literally rolling in deliciousness. Here's hoping Libertine will dip his toes in the red pool again from time to time.

My other recommendation is for Nymph's "Las Fallas and Other Stories." She's a very good writer whose work I've enjoyed before, but this triad (while uniformly enjoyable) is especially notable for its first story, which has fairies gate-crashing a celebration of the Virgin and, well, de-virgining a number of participants. Sumptuously written.

So thanks to these two writers for enlivening my Saturday afternoon. Cheers to both of them, and fan mail is on its way.

No comments: