Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Peek Beneath the Duct Tape: What Do You Give the Man Who Has Everything?

Okay, I've changed my mind about which of my stories I want to talk about first. Since I mentioned in my last entry that I'd written an mdom story once upon a time and said I'd explain later on, I've decided to just go ahead and start by telling you how What Do You Give the Man Who Has Everything? came to be.

The fact is that while I first started fantasizing about mind control around age seven, I didn't realize I was gay until age 31, so all my earliest fantasies involved men. I didn't get nearly the jolt from them that I got the first time I tried a domme instead of a dom, but they did give me a pleasant little quiver; and I've adapted a handful of them into EMCSA stories. "What Do You Give" is the most fully developed of those early fantasies; and since it had taken up such a big chunk of my headspace for so many years, it just didn't feel right to me to change an element as essential as the controller's gender.

However, much of the mdom I've seen smacks of chauvinism and/or misogyny, and I wanted to avoid that in my story, so I very intentionally made the MC'er bisexual. And, since I have always had crushes on male actors (one big reason it took me 31 years to figure out I was gay), I cast one of my current favorites, an Englishman who has no qualms about playing gay or bisexual, in the lead role. So here's the big secret, a reward for the few but proud who read my blog: John Dominic is actually Jude Law.

2 comments:

Madam Kistulot said...

I remember reading that story a long time back, and just thinking of Jude Law in that role... that is priceless. It was a very good story, and now I'm tempted to read it over again just to see Jude Law in there.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your site through the link from Callidus. I expected to find the EMC interest, but a fascination with Bianca Beauchamp too? Nice.

Also, I have to admit that even as a male with a solid record of heterosexuality that Jude Law did look pretty good in Gattaca.