Saturday, February 7, 2009

a really lovely tattoo

A week of working more than 50 hours has left me with little time for web surfing and little energy for coming up with a really deep and meaningful Saturday blog post. So instead I'll just share this image of one of the most beautiful tattoos I've ever seen. The body in question belongs to Isis Dreamz, who has a nice little gallery on Model Mayhem and who, incidentally, brags in her profile about being married to a woman. ;-)

I don't like tattoos for the sake of tattoos; but when they're real art, like this one (or the ones on Kumi Monster and Aradia Ardor's backs), I really love them.

I've toyed, from time to time, with getting a tattoo myself; but I wouldn't want something on my back where I couldn't see it. My personal ideal would be a bit of intricate Celtic knotwork, green, on either an inner wrist or ankle.

2 comments:

Kate LBT said...

Long time fan here :)

It is actually legally possible for two women to be married outside of MA, CT and NY; one just has to be transgendered and the marriage has to happen before her birth certificate paperwork goes through.

No legal challenge to a marriage with one trans partner has ever been so much as considered before the courts in the United States (in Europe it's a different story; up until a few years ago in Europe most countries had a legal requirement for trans people to divorce their spouses before transitioning).

The legal standard for marriage in the United States is, was the marriage legally valid at the time it was entered into? If the answer is yes, the marriage is prima facie valid.

Erin said...

That is a lovely tattoo, thrall. I agree wholeheartedly that tattoos should mean something and not just be there. I can't stand generic tatts.