Sunday, July 10, 2016

Book and YouTube news

First, I've basically finished my next book, Kinked: an anthology of five extra-fetishy fantasies that combine mind control with latex, total enclosure, suspension, the supernatural, etc. All that's left is finishing the cover and doing one more proofread. I'll be uploading the book to Amazon Tuesday morning, so it will probably be available by Tuesday evening, although you can never be sure with Amazon. I'll let you know as soon as it goes live.

I''m going to put this book in Kindle Unlimited, which means I can't sell it at Smashwords and can't give you a discount coupon. Sorry about that, but it's a long book; and under the KU system, long books do much better when they're exclusive to Amazon. Fortunately for those of you who don't have Kindles, there are lots of freeware programs available that will will translate from .mobi to .epub; and none of my stuff is DRM protected.

Now for the YouTube half of this post. I've said before that I've started a YouTube channel, and it's continuing to grow. I'm actually amazed at how many people have subscribed. Right now most of the content is in my (ever-growing) playlist, but I plan to upload some stuff of my own in the near future. The problem is that I had a bunch of great videos stored on my last computer (including the full Big Trouble in Little China and the full 70's version of King Kong), but that computer died. I'd been faithfully backing up most of my data, so I didn't lose too much, but I had not been backing up my videos because they were so damn big. Now they're gone forever, and YouTube took down the originals, so I can't easily get that content back. I'll have to find fresh copies. Any help would be appreciated - but please don't suggest a torrent site unless you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's malware free. I'm very nervous about torrenting.

Anyway, I will be adding one new original video to my channel next week. I'm going to experiment with a book commercial, so I'll be recording myself (trying to sound sexy but not sexy enough to attract stalkers, and disguising my voice a bit) describing the new book and reading an excerpt. I'm curious to see whether it will help my sales. If it does, I'll keep it up. I can think of some other things to record as well, but I don't plan to get into the podcast business because I have too many other things going on.

Well, wish me luck; and again, if you know where I can get clean copies of Big Trouble, King Kong, Looker, or any other of the MC greats, please let me know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I have both of these, and I have a way to get them to you.

Just want to make sure I have the right ones.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728/ - Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074751/ - King Kong (1976)

thrall said...

Yes, those are the ones! I will love you forever (anonymously and platonically) if you can get them to me!

K said...

Kind of unrelated, but this seems relevant to your interests. There has been a fair amount of debate on the board I saw it on regarding veracity and all that fun stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUHMba296s0&feature=youtu.be

thrall said...

That is very definitely related to my interests! It's hot as fuck! Thanks for sharing it with me. :D