Thursday, June 25, 2009

Inside the mind of a budding MC pervert

When I was a kid, one of my favorite superhero cartoons was Battle of the Planets (Yes, yes, I know it was later repackaged as G-Force, and that the original version was the Japanese Gatchaman. But I watched Battle of the Planets, growing up.) Looking back on it now, it's clear that I had a crush on Princess; and I knew even at the time that Keyop's "baloop-bloop" speech defect was annoying as hell. So I had good taste in a couple of areas, at least.

Anyway, my good-girl side was warring with my MC-fetishist side, even then. So in my darker moments, I would fantasize about G-Force being captured by Zoltar and defeated once and for all - via mind control, of course. Sadly, there was no sex in this fantasy; I was too young for that. But the fantasy was plenty freaky enough without the sex.

I didn't bother figuring out how Zoltar had captured G-Force; I just picked up at the good part, the part where he reveals his insidious plan. He's got the five team members shackled to a wall, and they can't combine to use their powers to break free. He announces that he's going to brainwash them one at a time, beginning with the one whose downfall will be most heartbreaking for the rest of them, and then working his way backwards to the next most hearbreaking, and the next, leaving the strongest one for last.

I'm sure you can figure who got the brainwashing helmet first, can't you? Of course you can. ;-P

Princess succumbs so delightfully, going white-eyed and stiff, with her lips parted just so (Hey, it was the most that my prepubescent, thinking-it-was-straight mind could come up with back then). Once she's completely under Zoltar's control, he sets her free from her shackles and lets her throw the switch on the next victim, Keyop, who can now stop that ridiculous bloop-blooping and just throw the switch on Tiny...who throws the switch on Jason...who throws the switch on Mark...why by that time is so demoralized he doesn't even bother trying to resist.

And what did Zoltar do with G-Force after he'd turned the lot of them into white-eyed, obedient drones? Who the hell cared? I'd already had my fun.

Oh, and just by the way, back when I was watching Battle of the Planets, Princess never looked like the second picture above. If she had, I might have figured out I was gay a couple of decades earlier.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That drawing of Princess ... sigh. :)

Unknown said...

If they're going to be defeated utterly, I think your version is a very good way to go.