Thursday, December 11, 2008

Benedict Campbell goes Salvador Dali one better

Yeah, I've noticed Benedict Campbell before now. He has a small but fairly interesting gallery on Model Mayhem, and I even chose one of his pictures there for my first Ecstasy of Surrender collection. But it was his new gallery on io9 that really made me sit up and take notice. He's not just photographing interestingly made-up models anymore; now he's adding in all kinds of cool digital effects to deliver us a world full of beautiful cyborgs: male, female, and something tantalizingly in-between. The picture below probably isn't the the one all of you will like best, but it did give me an excuse for a great subject line, so here you go:


1 comment:

Vidal Tripsa said...

Good grief, you did it again. His image of two silvery cyborgs in a restaurant pondering the menu amidst a city of the future is another one which caught my eye but remained nameless and off my hard drive until now. I think I last saw it in a print ad. somewhere. Anyway, just when you posted a promo shoot from Artificial Intelligence a while back, you've reacquainted me with a favourite and exciting piece of work from back when little impressions were being formed in my noggin. Thank you.