Saturday, August 8, 2009

And now for something completely different

Lately I've felt the need to create a different kind of Virtual Hypnotist session for myself: something that wasn't focused at all on fetishes, but rather on producing a sense of peace and healing. So I came up with a script called "Private Lagoon," which you can find here, if you want to check it out for yourself.

This script invites you to stand on the beach of your own private lagoon, then wade out into the water and float, feeling increasingly soothed and healed by the water and the fresh ocean air. The session has a strong, clear spiritual element; but it isn't tied to any specific religion, so I don't think anyone who worships any sort of loving God would be uncomfortable with the wording.

Now, when I first began running this session, I used one of the standard background music files included with VH. However, around the middle of last week, a new idea occurred to me. Let's see if I can explain it without sounding too much like the theology geek I secretly am.

Several years ago I learned about a Medieval mystic named Hildegard von Bingen, who established a number of convents in Germany, and who was also a scientist and a self-taught composer of some truly incredible music. She knew the power of certain tones (and series of tones) to create particular states of mind, and she used that knowledge in her compositions.

Well, I have a couple of albums of Hildegard's music; and it occurred to me last week, listening to one of them, that one piece in particular would make an ideal background track for "Private Lagoon." In fact, I thought, the power of her special tones might actually increase the power of the binaural beats I'd already included in the session.

And they so did. I've been having the most beautiful experiences, listening to the session with her chants in the background. This particular piece is nothing but "oo-oo-oo," but they're such lovely ooh's. If you want to hear for yourself, you can listen to a free sample on this Amazon page; it's track #15, and you'll get a kick out of the title, I'm sure.

Obviously, I can't include the Hildegard piece with my public version of "Lagoon," but if you like it, it's cheap enough to download. And if you like it well enough to explore more of her music, there are several other tracks on this album and on this one that would work quite nicely with VH sessions. Any lyrics are in Latin, so you don't have to bother at all with what she's saying; just enjoy the mystery of the sounds.

Of course, I'm sure there are hundreds or thousands of other artists, past and present, whose compositions would work nicely with hypnosis sessions; I'm just writing about what I know. So please feel free to add your own suggestions in the "comments" section of this post.

No comments: