Saturday, October 24, 2009

that look

I really do feel sorry for Apnea. I could tell she had some sort of issues going on, long before I ever started reading her blog. And she posted the image at left (along with several others) as evidence of how she looks when she's in a deep depression and/or not feeling much of anything at all. So I do have a lot of sympathy for her.

But at the same time, I have to admit that that blank, passive stare hits me in a way her more lively pictures don't. Those of you who follow my blog won't need any explanation; you probably feel the same, or you wouldn't be here.

So here are a few more blank stares that, as far as I know, don't have any sad stories behind them. The model is PXE, or at least that's the name she goes by on Deviant Art. She seems to be a vibrant person overall, but I can't help noticing that there's something interesting going on with her eyes and/or expression in many of her photos. Make of that what you will...especially the second image, which is just begging to have a story written about it!

1 comment:

RJ said...

Speaking of "that look"

http://flex-flex.deviantart.com/art/Funeraria-141503362