Sunday, September 26, 2010

These Are a Few of my Favorite Things: Supernatural Seduction

I've got a full goodie bag for you today, folks: photos, digitally manipulated images, and first-rate artwork, all depicting supernatural seducers and their prey.

Let's start with this fantastically creepy, evocative image from photographer Samuraj Grzes, one of my Model Mayhem finds (And speaking of that site, from now on I'm just going to use a generic blurb for MM images in these info-dump posts. It'll be a lot easier than pasting in all the individual links. Check the bottom of this post for the blurb).

Next up are an illustration from Luis Royo's Dead Moon (I have no idea what's going on here, but I like it!), a fairy reel by Frizzy Cube, and an I-don't-know-what-she-is-but-I'm-already-under-her-spell by Farhia.


Now here's a piece by Bethalynn Bajema, whom I profiled once before on this blog - and who requests that her work not be reposted without her permission, so please respect her wishes. Next is another painting by Luis Royo that's evocatively titled Kiss of the Fog, and finally a photo of V. Larsen by Porcelain Poet.


Below, left, is an image by MAD Designs that might make you wonder why I chose it for this post. Just click on the thumbnail image, then study the bottom half of the picture; you'll figure it out pretty quickly. This chick reminds me of a certain very scary character from Clive Barker's Weaveworld. Also on this row are a lovely ghost/vampire/zombie/who-knows-what by artist Arantza and an equally open-to-interpretation shot by Silversoul Photo.


Now here's Karenza modeling for Admirion, something-or-other cool from Imaginary Media, and an anonymous victim falling prey to Kirsty Mitchell's purple pollen trapdoor monster.


Finally, one more painting from Royo; a digital creation by Tiny Dragon Productions, and a Cthulhu-esque sorceress by Alice Duke, a.k.a. Melora.


***Unless otherwise noted (usually via link), all models, photographers, and digital artists in this post can be found on Model Mayhem.***

No comments: