Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This Is That - in White (Album) and Gold

First, just in case you haven't noticed Simon's note at the top of the EMCSA Recent Additions page, the September updates will be on random weekdays instead of the usual weekends. That means Jukebox and I aren't really sure when the next installment of The White Album will debut, but have no fear: I've already e-mailed it to Simon, so it will be in the next update. The only question is what day that update comes out. All I know is that I'd better get the next "Peek Beneath the Duct Tape" written ASAP so I'm not caught off guard!

But in the meantime, here's a bit of "This Is That" which didn't quite make it into my "Hazy Shade of Winter" Peek - and below that, a totally gratuitous second "This Is That" with a piece of artwork I never expected to see duplicated in real life.

At left is the picture I used with my previous Peek. The photographer is Calvato. At right is the gorgeous-but-horribly-named Nicotine, photographed by the almost-as-badly-named Photography Device. Honestly, you'd be amazed how many beautiful models with horrible made-up names you can find out there. One of these days, I'm going to do a theme post on that very subject, and right up at the very top of the page will be an enchanting young thing who for some reason chose to call herself Merkinstache (Don't know what a merkin is? You're better off that way).



And now, for your bonus viewing pleasure, here's what I thought was an incomparable piece of art by Hajime Sorayama - coupled now with a shot of model Curvz by Michael Helms, a.k.a. Pelicanh. Both Curvz and Helms have galleries on Deviant Art, so you can see several more shots in this series by following the Pelicanh link above. In fact, if you want to ruin the magic, you can even see how they achieved the effect by clicking here.

2 comments:

sylvrgirl said...

As badly named as Nicotine is, she does have fun as witness her involvement in littledeathray.com.

thrall said...

Ohh, that's awesome! And "Lady Clankington" is a much better name than "Nicotine." ;-)