Saturday, March 14, 2015

This is the contest post for "If Wishes Were Horses"


Note: Be sure you've read the original post, Let the Contest Begin!, before proceeding.

Now, here are some things you should know about this story before deciding to volunteer:
  • The quick-and-dirty synopsis: Captain Benbow has just returned from her First Contact mission with an unknown race. While she waits in her shuttle, in decontamination, she indulges in a private EMC fantasy based on one of my own personal Virtual Hypnotist files. And, not to spoil anything, what happens in decontamination doesn't stay in decontamination.
  • This is the second ebook going to print. I plan to publish it in the final week of April, so I'll need your beta reading notes by mid-April. Unfortunately, I can't give you a firm date yet because I haven't polished the story yet, so you'll have to be flexible. I'll get you the story as quickly as I can.
  • If you don't give me your beta reading notes by the deadline (which, again, I can't specify yet), you win nothing.
  • If you don't write a review once the book goes live on Amazon, you win nothing.
  • However, there's no deadline for when you post your review. It all boils down to how quickly you want your free ebook.
 To win this contest, you have to be one of the first two commenters in this post, and you have to say (and mean), "I commit to beta reading 'If Wishes Were Horses' and posting a review on Amazon."
Note: If you win in this thread, you aren't allowed to post in either of the other two threads. HOWEVER, you can still win one or both of the other two ebooks, and you can still win the autographed copy. To do so, just tell me in your comment here which other book or books you commit to reviewing (You don't have to beta read those two, just review them).

Okay, ready…set…go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to beta-read this. I'm happy to commit to Amazon reviews for all three stories as well. - Aaronhalt

thrall said...

Thank you kindly, Aaronhalt! I'll email you the first story in just a minute. :-)