Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Ultimate Geek Goddess

If you've visited my second Ecstasy of Surrender picture list, you've already seen the photo at left. The model has a small gallery at Model Mayhem, where she goes by the name "Revel." Now, I'm not a girl-in-glasses worshiper like some folks, but I don't mind glasses at all and think they add a nice element to many of the pictures in which Revel wears them, especially this one. To me, this is the perfect representation of the Goddess of All Geekdom.

Anyway, Thursday night I discovered, totally by accident, that Revel has a much, much larger gallery at Deviant Art, only she goes by the name "silvergrey" there. All the pics from Model Mayhem are also available on DA; and there are over 100 others, as well.

Now, I must admit that not all the DA photos are to my taste (though they might be to yours). Revel's a bit more fond of the Victorian look than I am. But there are also plenty of latex, fantasy, and cyberpunk pics that more than pique my interest, including the following:











This, however, is my favorite picture - as much because of the commentary text as because of the photo itself. You might think the italics and underlining are my own; but as a matter of fact, that's they way the text appears on Deviant Art. I've only corrected a typo:

In Irish folklore the Dana O'Shee are a fae, elven people that live in a realm of beauty, their nobility akin to that of our own Age of Chivalry, eternally beautiful and eternally young. They surround themselves with the pleasures of the Arts, they live for the hunt, and to this day can be seen riding in procession through the Irish countryside at twilight, led by their King and Queen. However, the Dana O'Shee are not benevolent creatures, despite what their unearthly beauty may imply. They are vengeful and treacherous and possess a streak of mischievous malice, and many have whispered that their true home lies deep in the shadowed groves of the Realm of the Dead. Hearing even a single chord of their otherworldly music leaves one stunned and lost to the mortal realms for ever, finding themselves prey to the Dana O'Shee's hunt or enslaved in their Court as servants or playthings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm girls in glasses....