Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another great Deviant Artist discovered

Obviously, the image at left was the most appropriate of arcipello's pieces to share with you here, even though it's really a reworking of someone else's model. I was strongly tempted to go with Softly Sleeping instead, though. That one reminds me so much of some of Sorayama's freaky-sea-creature-sex paintings. But I'm probably reading way more into these images than arcipello ever intended. ;-)

Anyway, this artist has six gallery pages on Deviant Art so far, and they like him so well over there that they're selling his stuff in the official Deviant Art store, which is where I first discovered him (I so want this T-shirt, and I so don't need it).

arcipello's medium is digital art that looks like painting, mostly post-apocalyptic and Japanese themed; but unlike so many so-called artists around the net today, he's good enough to make these nouveau clichés work. I recommend clicking through his whole gallery, but if you're in a hurry, here are a few of my favorite pieces: Forget Me Not, Her Silent Silhouette, Glacial Castle, and Incomplete.

P.S.: Tomorrow, look for the first in a series of tips and tricks on Virtual Hypnotist.

No comments: