Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No actual math involved. I promise.

Not too long ago, Follow the Watch taught me an interesting new word: fractionation. This is a hypnotic technique in which the subject is drawn into trance, awakened, and drawn back in several times in short succession. He says it's very helpful in teaching you how to go deep and stay deep. So I've been trying to do at least a little bit of that, myself, these last few weeks. I don't have the time for several uninterrupted hours of trance-play like he describes, but I am getting into the habit of doing at least three or four sessions a day, two at a time when I can manage it.

I've talked already about the "bedtime" session I've been working on, and I have a "morning" session now, as well. It includes suggestions about things like handling stress and keeping my mouth shut when I need to. I've discovered that I get the best results from these sessions if I play Lady Ru'etha's mp3 first, then the morning or bedtime session right afterwards, while I'm still pleasantly hazy and relaxed.

And by "best results," I mean excellent results. I went to sleep very quickly last night and am noticing a huge reduction in my stress levels during the day. And I really am obeying the suggestion I gave myself that curse words wouldn't even occur to me while I was at work.

I'm still boggling at just how suggestible I've turned out to be. This is just the kind of thing I've always dreamed of. I'm enjoying the experience of being controlled, but it's also teaching me self control of the kind I've always needed. And I'm just so much calmer and happier these days.

Now if only I could find the time to unpack that computer mic and try it out. I'm so excited by the possibilities there.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Fantastic news on the stress-relief and improved sleep fronts, thrall. And since I'm phobic when it comes to numbers, good news on the 'no math' front too. :)