Saturday, September 19, 2009

Double your pleasure, double your fun

Last night I finally got up the courage (or perhaps the desperation) to try something I've been avoiding until now.

Lady Ru'etha has given me access to a few of the mp3's that she shares with her "pets," although she hasn't recommended any of them for me in particular aside from "Robotic Transformation 1.01" (which I've reviewed previously and recommend very highly). Well, one of those other mp3's is called "Voice," and although I downloaded it a long time ago, I'd been avoiding listening to it because either she or one of her pets (I don't remember who: a fact that's going to sound pretty hilarious by the time you reach the end of this sentence) told me it included some post-hypnotic suggestions to forget certain things. I wasn't sure I wanted to be made to forget anything, since a big part of my kink is observing what's being done to me and reveling helplessly (That's part of the "watcher" thing I talked about here).

Now, Lady Ru'etha told me months ago that a hypnotic subject won't forget anything unless they're really open to forgetting; but I was still a little leery...until last night, that is. What with one thing and another, I reached a point where I was absolutely aching for a new and deeper hypnotic experience; so I decided to give "Voice" a try, telling myself ahead of time that I'd pay attention and not forget anything I didn't genuinely want to forget.

So...did I forget? Heh. You know by now how I like to tease, but this is one thing I really should be up front about. No, I didn't forget anything, though the Virtual Hypnotist sessions I've been writing and running on my own have made me very, very open to mindlessness and deep trance. I had to exert myself a bit, to keep my focus in certain spots. But that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the mp3 at all. It only reminded me of the plight of a typical MC'ed heroine, knowing she's being seduced into something she really shouldn't give in to, but finding it just so very hard to keep fighting. It was really kind of delicious in that way. ;-)

As for the recording itself: oh. my. god. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Lady Ru'etha is a first-rate vocal artist. When I think of all the trouble I go to, to fine-tune every line of a voice-synthesized VH session into sounding halfway human, and how it still lags light years beyond what she can produce, with her vocal and hypnotic skills and her creativity and her general benevolent domme-ishness....

Okay, I'm just going to have to give up entirely on my resolution not to promote any for-profit services, because I can't not promote Lady Ru'etha's recordings. They're just that awesome. And this one was extra-special, because she made it solely for her pets. That means it's much longer and took me much deeper than any of her public-use recordings - or even the introductory recording she made just for me, back in the spring. I see now that that was sort of a "Voice Lite," and I understand now why she gave me the trigger she gave me: the trigger in "Voice" is modular, and the version she gave me is that trigger plus an add-on.

But now I guess I'm teasing you a bit, aren't I? Well, I can't say too much about "Voice," because I'm sure Lady Ru'etha wants to keep at least parts of it private; and since I'm not entirely sure which parts those are, I figure the fewer beans I spill, the better. But I will say that some elements of "Voice" also appear in recordings she's already made public and in recordings she's told me she'll be making public at a later date. So stay tuned - and stay eager.

And one more thing: I really do owe you an explanation for the image at the top of this post. Some of you will recognize it as a shot from The Matrix, but you're probably wondering what that shot has to do with Lady Ru'etha's mp3. Well, there was a section in "Voice" where I was prompted to imagine myself in a "programming room" bathed in blue light. But for some reason I found myself wanting the light to be dusky pink rather than blue. I let that idea go during my first listen to "Voice" and just went with Lady Ru'etha suggestion, but after waking up, I chewed it over a bit more. And that was when I realized that the room I wanted to be programmed in wasn't a room at all, but rather a gel-filled pod. Don't you think that's more up my squicky alley? You know it is. ;-P

Well, I felt sure Lady Ru'etha wouldn't mind my changing one image to suit my tastes. So when I listened to "Voice" a second time this morning (right on the heels of my usual VH morning session, in order to take advantage of fractionation), when I reached the bit about the blue programming room, I just went right ahead and imagined a pink programming pod. It turned out to be just as easy as imagining everything else in "Voice."

Heh, and to think that I used to believe I wouldn't be a good hypnotic subject. I am a great hypnotic subject! As to whether that's due to Lady Ru'etha's skill or my own internal makeup or both, who the hell cares? All that matters are the results, and the results are mind blowing.

No comments: