Thursday, April 2, 2009

Last night

I'm working lots of overtime this week and have been pretty exhausted by the time I get home, so last night I was running my "bedtime" hypnosis session a little after 8:00 PM when the phone rang. If it was one of my three blog readers who have my phone number, I do apologize, and I hope this will make you feel better about not getting to talk to me in person. ;-)

The phone sits right next to the computer, so it's pretty hard to ignore. But I was about halfway through the session when it rang, and I was deep enough that I noticed it but didn't feel any great urgency about answering it. I knew that I could pull myself out of trance and answer it, but a) when you're in trance, knowing you could do such-and-such but considering it to be too much of a bother is a pretty common experience; and b) I was aching for sleep, anyway, and answering the phone would have meant keeping myself up even longer.

So I ignored it. I heard it, and I heard my answering machine pick up, but I just kept focusing on the session. And when the caller hung up without leaving a message, I was very satisfied to notice that I hadn't broken trance in the slightest.

I've cut my nighttime dose of Medication A down to a quarter of what I started with, and I'm still getting to sleep very easily with this new program. Medication B will be harder to cut down since it's a single pill and doesn't look like the kind you can split, but I'm already thinking about talking to my pharmacist and doctor about options. This hypnosis stuff is really working!

2 comments:

Kate LBT said...

I'm glad to hear that you're cutting your medication. That's always a positive.

Reading more about your hypnotic adventures has been really fascinating and yes... I too have experienced that phenomenon of "I have somebody/something that I might care about vying for my attention... but trance just feels too good..."

It's amazing. And a little weird. But mostly amazing.

Erin said...

It sounds like the hypnosis is really worked, thrall. Your experience reminded me of Missy/melissa/m's story, when she was working on remaining still while listening to the Black Pearl's CD. :)