Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seeking advice from Audacity and Virtual Hypnotist users

I still haven't figured out how to combine two different audio tracks into a single track that will play in the background of Virtual Hypnotist. I came close, once, getting "Down by the Sea" to play very loudly over a muted version of the new subliminal suggestion track I've designed; but I can't seem to fix that version of the experiment, and every other attempt has ended with only one of the two tracks audible in VH - even when they both play clearly in Windows Media Player. I could really use some advice here.

Meanwhile, thanks to those of you who've already offered to mix something up for me on your own system. I'm tempted, but because of the sensitive nature of the material on the new subliminals track, I'd only trust someone I already knew fairly well to handle that one - and I'd want to be sure that that someone also had VH and could test the mix they made in it before sending it back to me.

Otherwise, I'd just be grateful for any advice I can get.

EDIT: Just after I posted this entry, I went back and retried one of my old "failed" experiments - and lo and behold, it worked this time! I have no idea what's going on, though, or what I did right with this one that I didn't do with the others. So advice is still very, very welcome. Also, I owe a belated thanks to Callidus for hooking me up with a certain audio file that I declined at first but later went back and downloaded. ;-P

No comments: