Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This and That

"This" being a link someone recently gave me to an old Salon.com article about the EMCSA written by the woman who would eventually go on to create io9. I'm still giggling at the thought of Eye of Serpent being mistaken for a "he." ;-) I seem to recall people thinking I was a guy, too, when I first joined the EMCSA. Why is that? Do some people think women are incapable of writing really hard-edged erotica or horror? If so, I hope the intervening years have taught them otherwise. ;-)

As for "that," here's a teaser-y little update on the current state of The Mysterious Collaboration. We have now all submitted plot outlines and are working out how to twine them together. I feel like a Tom Wolfe astronaut, strapped into a tiny capsule on top of a giant tank of rocket fuel, with preparations being made to set the whole thing on fire. Those preparations will take a long time to make it all work out right, but the excitement is building, and the liftoff should be awesome.

No comments: