Saturday, November 29, 2008

Meet Finvarra

So, there I was, plotting out my latest story and trying to turn the two-dimensional baddie of Lady Wilde's fairy tale into a sexy, three-dimensional being you could sort of root for...for awhile, anyway. I took a bit of inspiration from Tolkien and from Peter Jackson's adaptation of same (more about that in the eventual "Peek Beneath the Duct Tape") - including his decidedly androgynous male Elves. I added a large dash of Cluracan as portrayed by Neil Gaiman in the Sandman epic, and then I looked to the guy you see at your left.

This is Perish, the only really popular male fetish model I've found so far. I have a hunch that if he really were a fairy king, he'd be more likely to kidnap Ethna's husband than Ethna herself; nevertheless, he has great chemistry with the ladies he models alongside, and he comes across as delightfully sensual and otherworldly - not to mention occasionally downright freaky. But I like that, I like that. In fact, I find myself strangely attracted to him...well, most of him, anyway. ;-)

The picture at left doesn't quite illustrate anything from the Ethna story, but it comes close enough, with the idea of a supernatural being "playing" his female victim via music. You'll see how it all works out soon enough. In the meantime, if you'd like a better look at the female half of this pairing, you can start here and work your way through her brief but interesting little gallery.

One final note: "Ethna Redux" will mark the first but not the last appearance of Perish in one of my stories. I plan to cast him as the villain in my M/m superspy story, too.

No comments: