Saturday, November 22, 2008

Voicelessness

Behold the lovely Ancilla Tilia, nude, muzzled, and loving every second of it. I discovered in an interview I read that "ancilla" is Latin for "slave," and she really is a lifestyle sub.

Anyway, I chose this picture to share with you today because it represents a subset of my general mind control/enclosure/bondage fetish: enforced muteness. After all, isn't our ability to speak, to express our wants and feelings and opinions, an essential part of what makes us human? Taking away someone's voice, literally or figuratively, is extremely depersonalizing. In real life, it's horrible; but in MC fantasy, it's delicious. A slave has no voice at all in what happens to her or him.

Voicelessness is a theme I explored first in private fantasies; then later in several of my stories, including Spellbound, Solitaire and Willing Subject. Funny how those three just happen to be my personal favorites.

I've also explored the theme in some early photomanips I created for my own private pleasure. I'm sorry to say none of them are good enough to share online; however, I will give you this little tease: Callidus is interviewing me for his blog and has convinced me to share another pic I did which came out rather better than the mouthless ones. I'm not sure when he'll post the interview, but I'll let you know once it's up.

Oh, and one other tease: I hope to start writing "Ethna Redux" today or tomorrow.

1 comment:

sara-c said...

That is a wonderful picture, and the teases are just evil...

An offer you can't refuse...? That is simply too intriguing.