Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The eyes are the windows to the...what?

Anyone who's read many of my MC stories can't help but notice my fetish for altered eyes. It's an obvious connection, and one I've been making since my childhood, thanks to those old Saturday morning cartoons where childhood idols like Wonder Woman got MC'ed and their eyes spun or glowed or (best of all) turned solid white. I didn't understand then just why altering the eyes of an MC victim was so appropriate, but I learned to link the two early on.

When I first started fantasizing about lesbian MC in earnest, almost all my private stories featured full-sclera white contact lenses. I was very disappointed to learn, after a bit of internet browsing, that in real life the wearer can't actually see out of the damn things. So there went my hopes of ever playing out that fantasy in public...not that it was ever very likely in the first place. Fortunately, I can still play it out vicariously online.

And there are some viable, almost-as-hot alternatives to the all-white look: the gorgeous mirrored lens pictured above, for instance. I've actually fantasized about just such a product I was kid, though I had no idea anyone was really making it until now. But I've recently been on an online fetish scavenger hunt and have turned up some real goodies.

9mm SFX has the best-looking lenses, including the mirrored ones - which, BTW, also come in a black sclera version. Unfortunately, both styles are available only to filmmakers, not the general public. Not that most of us are in a position to plop down $300 on a pair of novelty contact lenses, anyway. But it's nice to dream.

If only these or some other artists would be inspired to take the mirrored effect full-eye, as one Model Mayhem member has done, and as I have done, myself. It's an image I've had in my mind for years, but it doesn't seem to have occurred to very many other people, at least not people who feel like sharing. Dammit. I'd love to see a big-budget movie about mirror-eyed, brainwashed cyborgs...maybe starring Angelina Jolie as the brave resistance fighter who succumbs in the end. Of course, her natural eyes are so lovely that it would almost be a shame to cover them up; but in this case I'd make an exception. ;-)

Anyway, before my stream of consciousness carries me completely around the bend from 9mm SFX, let me just let me throw out a quick "Look here!" to any fellow Neil Gaiman fans. Remind you of anyone? Mmm, tasty! ;-P

And now, onward. I found site after site of novelty contact lenses in my little scavenger hunt, but most of them offered the same set of products, and most of that set were more more cute than cool. There was this, though - a surprisingly high-toned subsection of a fairly standard Halloween-goth-gear site. I particularly like the nitrous sclera lenses. I can definitely see that effect working its way into an MC story: the blue flames starting at the victim's clit and crawling slowly, deliciously upward. By the time they reach her eyes, they've burned away everything she ever was before and left nothing in their wake but darkness and desire.

Sweet dreams, my friends.

No comments: