Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In the interest of diversity (or maybe just contrariness)...

Just for once (heh, so far, anyway), I'd like to go totally against the spirit of this blog and share a few pics of some men I like to look at. There's nothing particularly fetishy about most of these images; they're just shots I like. In fact, some of them have been on my hard drive since the time I thought I was straight (like that '90's-era Vanity Fair cover); others, I Googled just now. I hope those of you who like looking at men will enjoy - and those of you who don't won't hold it against me. ;-)

Now, first of all, anyone who knows me at all knows I have to start with Jude Law - and give him twice as much space as anyone else. That's just because, well, he's Jude Law. And look: there is one fetish picture in the mix...or maybe more than one, depending on how you feel about barnyard animals. ;-)




BTW, if you're as much of a Gigolo Joe fan as I am (IMO, he was by far the best part of A.I.), you might enjoy this YouTube video of all his best moments, including the absolutely delightful seduction of a woman who's never been with an android before and isn't quite sure how she feels about it...at first. But embedding the video itself here would be overkill, wouldn't it? sigh

Anyway, on to my second-favorite object of platonic lust, Ewan McGregor. I liked him best in his Shallow Grave period, when he had longer hair, but I had a hard time finding any decent shots of him like that. Fortunately, there were plenty of other, quite satisfactory pics to choose from.



Another actor I've enjoyed for years is Taye Diggs. He has the most beautiful smile and the most beautiful bald head I've ever seen...on a man, anyway. ;-)



And then, of course, there's Orlando Bloom. I didn't particularly care for his look as Legolas; I much prefer him in Will Turner mode, with his natural coloring and longish, tousled hair.



Now here are three random images of guys I used to like and/or still do. First is, IMO, the best-looking man on TV today, though I no longer watch his show (Heroes): Sendhil Ramamurthy. And since I hear they're Fly-ifying him in upcoming episodes, I'm doubly glad not to be watching. Anyway, next is another guy whose show (Lost) I don't watch but whom I have been following since The English Patient: Naveen Andrews (Do you sense a trend in the hairstyles I like on men?). And then there's Brendan Fraser, who used to be quite attractive, especially in George of the Jungle, when he displayed both his body and his comedy chops to maximum effect. I've never figured out why he didn't become a bigger star; he has tons of charisma. Unfortunately, now he seems to be a bit past his "sell by" date.



Finally, here's one last pic for my beloved, who thinks Ashton Kutcher is the prettiest boy she's ever seen and frequently comments on the fact that, if he were a girl, she'd fuck him in a heartbeat. Oh, and she swears she loves his personality, too. And his cougar wife. ;-)

Well, that's it for my little digression into man-love. Tune in next time when we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

3 comments:

John Seavey said...

My feeling about Brendan Frasier is that he has too much personality to be a big star; there seems to be a small "comfort zone", where you're displaying just enough personality that you're not vapid, but not so much that people can't project their own ideas of who you are onto the person they see on the screen. That's where stardom hits.

Guys like Frasier, Bruce Campbell, or Nathan Fillion (to name a couple of other actors I like) seem to bring too much of their own personality to the screen. They'll always be character actors, not movie stars, because they can't seem to avoid bringing their own personal charm to their roles. Which may be why certain discriminating, tasteful people like them so much. :)

Anonymous said...

Geez, thrall, perhaps you should be on *my* side of the fence... or rather, top of the fence... ;)

- Tabico

P.S. Good taste!

Vidal Tripsa said...

I simply had to pop out of the lurkers' woodwork to thank you for the image from A.I.. For a character who spends such a short amount of time on screen, Jane has had a massive impact on me and finally I know that there is a pin-up of her, with the tasty-looking Jude Law to boot!

Always a pleasure, and today a real thrill. ^^