Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Watchmen watchers, this is for you

Well, I guess if you're really serious about following the latest Watchmen movie news, you've probably at least heard about and maybe already seen and/or recorded the latest leaked footage. Me, I found it just now on io9, then followed an AICN link to a YouTube version for the sake of comparison. The io9 version is bigger and better, so if you haven't seen it yet, go there. EDIT: Strike that. Go to MTV.com for the HD version.

As for those of you on dial-up who want to know if it's worth the load time, I can tell you this: the new trailer is 1:48 in length and is about half-and-half old footage vs. new - the latter of which includes more of Latex Laurie in action, a glimpse of (I assume) Karnak hanging on the edge of an icy cliff face, Dr. Manhattan disassembling a tank with a wave of his hand, and a couple of great shots of Rorschachian acrobatics. But the best part is how the trailer closes: a fantastic slow-motion look at the Comedian's death plunge.

Here are a few screen grabs just to whet your appetites a little further (new versions now from the HD trailer):



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Watchmen! I hadn't seen the tank nor one of the Rorshach scenes, the rest was the world premiere sneak preview from San Diego this year.

I am *so* looking forward to this. That extra-sexy Silk Spectre costume is just the cherry on top.

John Seavey said...

I really don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, it does look like it's being done respectfully; on the other hand, I'm still convinced that the book is at least to some degree unadaptable and I wasn't exactly crying out for a 'Watchmen' movie to begin with. :)

(I had the same feeling about 'I Am Legend', BTW, that it was unadaptable. Every adaptation, from Corman's "The Last Man On Earth" up to the Will Smith movie, seems to have proved me right. :) )